www.gt4dc.co.uk
Maintain, Modify and DRIVE your GT-Four

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 pm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:48 pm 
Club Staff

Car Model: ST205
I know a few in the car trade. Imagine my excitement when one of them phoned me and said he'd just taken in an Aston. Better yet it's a late plate low miler but only needs a bit of adjustment and a BMW. Naturally I was straight into the stinkvagen and on my way

Now I'm normally a fan of the bodystyling of Aston but this silver one didn't really do it for me. Disappointment #1

Undeterred I hopped in.

Disappointment #2. The interior. It's tiny and feels more like a pleather wrapped Toyota than a herd of cows lovingly converted into a bespoke interior

Thumbing the start button leads to disappointment #3. The engine coughs to life with a fairly muted growl that doesn't exactly get the loins a stirring

Handling seems pretty good round town. It's much more nimble than I'd expect from an Aston and darts through traffic in an accomplished way. Finally I reach a dual cabbageway and let it rip. Disappointment #4 ensues. The demi-8 growls a bit but fails to deliver any power. It revs freely but you do wonder if it was worth the wait. For me it wasn't.

That was it. The Aston dream is over. The only one I can afford is rubbish

So my advice. If you ever think about buying an Aston Martin Cygnet ..... DON'T. The Toyota IQ on the other hand isn't a bad bit of kit for a small cheap car.

Oh, a final word of advice. Beware of mischievous mates bearing deals too good to be true. Gits!

Dunno what happened to the photo I'm took, seems like teh phone was too embarrassed to focus so here's a library photo