www.gt4dc.co.uk
Maintain, Modify and DRIVE your GT-Four

It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 10:20 am

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:38 pm 
Group N

Car Model: None
First off, front wheel drive 101: Never lift mid corner unless you wanna spiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin :shock:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FMRHxgyPBM

Race 1:
I've managed to delete this off my memory card :oops: Quite gutted. After a disappointing qualifying started 11th. Managed to fight up to 9th despite being run off the track 3 times. Pity I lost the footage because there was some epic battles and the group of 4 cars I was running with didnt have the same order for any 2 consecutive laps.

Race 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByG3pI5RBDA

Full dry settings (shagged tyres on the back @ ~50psi, full stiff rear dampers, full stiff rear arb). Heavens opened whilst in the holding area. Changed the dampers and tyre pressures but still bugger all rear tread and stiff ARB. Oh well, out we went! Made up a couple of places from 9th to 7th. It was proper finger tip driving trying to feel the grip. [I put the wipers on 30s in before anyone says it :lol: Still, gives a pretty good representation of what visibility was like.

Race 3:
Again no footage, this time because my camera ran out of memory. Beyond gutted about that. Car developed a misfire on the out lap and went down to 3 cylinders. Couldnt clear it myself with switching off and isolating so had to pit. So, pit lane start, pouring with rain but running full wet settings, 26th to 8th 8)

www.mcnab-racing.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:34 am 
Club Staff

Car Model: ST205
Good to see you are out there again this season Malcolm. I guess this was the first race of 2012, if so, you are allowed to be a bit rusty. My first session back in the Formula Ford at Oulton a couple of weeks ago was pretty crap but got back in the swing of things by the second session of the test day. It really helps having a test before the race day! Looked like you had fun but the camera looks like it needs to be set up to record or sync to the datalogger like you had last year? I still haven't got my Replay XD onboard camera fully sorted yet. I think I need a larger memory card as it seems to run out quite quickly. Good luck for the rest of the season :)

1994 Toyota Celica GT-Four Special GT 590bhp @ 1.8bar
1989 Van Diemen RF88/89 Formula Ford 1600
2008 Nissan Patrol GU 3.0L ZD30DDTi 154bhp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:24 am 
Group N

Car Model: None
Yeah, first test of the car my cars gearbox seized after about 4ft so only got a few laps in driving my team mate's car (he's 6ft3 I'm 5ft8, can imagine how much I could see out the car!). So Saturday was my first test in my car and first time pushing on with Leda suspension, not AST. Took me a while to get settled in the car, and like you said, first race since last August.

Qualifying I couldn't tag on to the back of the group I wanted to be with so didn't really have anyone to pace myself on. I'm a second down on where I should be really.

Vbox was a last minute borrow from a mate, the transponder was gubbed so couldn't hook up the gps/speedo etc. Just ordered one for next round, having looked at the data files from the touring car round, its an AMAZING piece of kit!

www.mcnab-racing.co.uk