www.gt4dc.co.uk
Maintain, Modify and DRIVE your GT-Four

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:22 pm

Post subject: Insurance Quotes
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:26 pm 
Club Staff

Car Model: None
Seems that Sky now have a minimum policy value and hence for us old giffers is no longer competitive as minimum is £321!!

Policy is for a 32 year old, no points, living in reasonable post code with a ST185 Rc 1991 as a second car:-

Well I have 3 options so far.
1) HIC 5K miles, Mods, Import, TPFT £249 (9 years NCB)
2) AON 5K Miles, Mods, Import, Fully Comp, £247 (they don't use my spare NCB built up though as is classic car policy where no need for NCB)
3) AON 3K Miles, Mods, Import, Fully Comp, £198 (they don't use my spare NCB built up though as is classic car policy where no need for NCB)

HIC are cage happy too.

Admittedly jap import & mods restricts who will insure.

Interestingly it seems that the HIC quote is with Ensign..... all of my previous policies have been with Ensign via Sky insurance - maybe Sky can no longer offer Ensign and hence they are not competetive on JDM modded cars?

I await a price from Adrian Flux but so far have spent 95 minutes on the phone with them to be cut off once - passed over to a series of "call backs" from other companies and each time they put me on hold to obtain a quote I am passed on to the next company!

On standard cars of UK or JDM it is worth looking at the post office as I was quoted £151 !!

Grey St185 RC
Silver BMW E46 M3
Multicolour yawn Honda VFR400
Silver Honda Civic Type-R