www.gt4dc.co.uk
Maintain, Modify and DRIVE your GT-Four

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:37 pm

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:45 pm 
Group N

Car Model: ST185 CS/RC
Just something I have to share with you all.
I was going south bound on the A1 this morning when I past a Daihatsu with New Zealand number plates, “now that’s something you don’t see often in the UK”, the funny thing is they looked lost as well lol.
Then when sat in the services having breakfast a Skyline drove past me doing about 10mph with a little old lady driving, you know the type, purple rinse, half cut glasses only just able to see over the steering wheel, the look from the lads in the M3 sat opposite was priceless.
About ½ hour later still recovering from the sight of the OAP in the Skyline I’d thought I had seen it all until I caught up behind a police car in the middle lane now on the motor way stretch of the A1, we are not talking un-marked or a normal community police car here but the full monty traffic car with all the trimmings. The traffic was busy but still flowing at a steady 60ish, just as I was thinking of over taking said police car, the police car suddenly swerved to the right and braked heavily as a gold Citron Xara forced its self in to space the plod car was happily occupying. Before I had chance to say “Doh!” to my self the blue lights where on and some serious and aggressive arm waving was coming from Mr plod in the passenger seat. I’d love to be a fly on the wall with that one way conversation. They say there is never a police car around when you need one but I guess that wasn't so today.
Dorris