www.gt4dc.co.uk
Maintain, Modify and DRIVE your GT-Four

It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:42 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:14 pm 
Club Staff

Car Model: ST205
Quote:
they have a typically better flow rate

Don't follow that one :(

I would've thought for the same pressure then any injector which has "800cc" stamped on it would flow 800cc? If it didn't then it wouldn't be an 800cc injector? Or am I missing the point?

http://www.gtfours.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:49 pm 
Junior WRC

Car Model: None
I really don't know about this one - i didn't ask them to qualify it.. me being very green in this department. I'll ring and ask tomorrow.

"And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, and the earth brought forth grass and the Rastafarians smoked it."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:11 pm 
Junior WRC

I've been having some fun today.

I thought as i had some parts coming (thanks for the bearing BTW Kris) I'd take some time to look at what i could do about the routing of the intercooler pipes and find out where that bloody jingle is coming from.

Anyway - took the inner wing off, and there is no brace under that on the drivers side - but there is one on the passenger side.. strange but I’ve come to expect this soft of thing.

So armed with the printout on how to remove the front, i started...

As you can see the transmission cooler is a bit sloppy.

So i removed intercooler and found that both the transmission cooler and the power steering cooler (thanks JP for telling me what that twisted bit of pipe was) were flopping round all over the place.

SO i made a bar that spans the void between the intercooler and the rad, and attached them both to this - not the best job, but will suffice for now.

I need a bit of advice on the next part of my quest.. with the exhaust. I don't know how t should be bracketed up - so if someone can help me and steer me in the right direction as to what i should do.

The exhaust consists of an Aussie downpipe, and flexi, then it goes into a3" mild steel tail section.
The downpipe joins the turbo, and is then joined to the flexi (no brackets) this then passes over the top of the brace and under what looks like a bracket, what’s this bracket for, should there be something holding this to the exhaust?

There are no brackets attaching the downpipe or flexi section - should there be?

Thanks in anticipation

Rob

"And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, and the earth brought forth grass and the Rastafarians smoked it."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:14 am 
Club Staff

THere is supposed to be a fixing on that bracket yes. On the stock system it's a jubilee clip type thing (actually more like a Mikalor type clamp, JP knows the exact size :D )
When I forgot to tighten mine up it made a high pitched squeaky/tingly noise like the one you have :!:

The new Aussie DPs are also now supplied with a triangular bracket which connects it to the engine at the flexi/DP joint. Fennies might be able to help with one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:58 am 
Club Staff

Robbie measure teh Od of the exhaust at that point and add 10mm to the measurement to allow the jubilee style clip to slide over teh exhaust and the tab opn teh bracket - BUY the most industrial style of a circular clamp style thing you can find - do it up to FT.

I think this is officially called the exhaust gearbox mount?

Good luckj m8

Grey St185 RC
Silver BMW E46 M3
Multicolour yawn Honda VFR400
Silver Honda Civic Type-R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:12 pm 
Club Staff

The mount is a real pain, I found that the clamp (I used a mikalor) is quite difficult to get in position and can easily foul on the cusco underbrace.

During my clutch change with the engine out I have removed this bracket (I am that annoyed with it) and am going to clamp it further toward the downpipe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:46 pm 
Junior WRC

Well i did fit a clamp to the exhaust, blimey what a *bleep* that was...!
Also fitted the FMIC and repositioned the transmission and power steering coolers.

When i took the front off i noticed 2 things of annoyance...
One of the bolts that holds the wing to the front bumper is broke - so not sure about what to do here ..
also noticed that it's had the worst respray ever, in places the top coat of paint has flaked off... what a pain in the arse!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:48 pm 
Junior WRC

took the mutt out for a test drive and - BANG!
Bloody FMIC pipe decided to undo itself. Tried re clamping, but no joy. There is a bit of samco, attched to a carbon fiber pipe and thats really smooth, so i'm going to rough it up and glue the bugger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:55 pm 
Junior WRC

All ok now - still jingling though ...!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:18 am 
Junior WRC

Ordered the new injectors today, does anyone have some simple instructions on how to install them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:13 pm 
Club Staff

Robbie - which injectors did you go for?

http://www.gtfours.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:46 pm 
Junior WRC

I went for the SARD 800's side feed low resistance, i'm going to fit the automotive fuel pressure regulator at the same time.
I've spoken to thor about driving the car to be mapped, and they have given me some instructions to avoid bore wash by reducing the injector duty to 70%

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:59 am 
Junior WRC

Back on track now with Mutley, after a bit of a break. It turns out that i have an sx performance fuel regulator and a pressure gauge. As usual there was no instructions, so sx kindly sent them to me.

My question is:

I have a pressure gauge, how does thi s fit - is there a connector needed for this, as it's just got a threaded fitment with no other means of connection?

Any help will be great!
Ta
Rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:06 am 
Group N

"T" piece into the fuel reg maybe?? :wink:

something like this...

ST205 WRC #0002249

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:17 am 
Junior WRC

i'm not sure - the regulator has 3 fuel connections, one is return to tank, two inlet/outlets

I presume that the return connects back to the tank and only one inlet/outlet is used and then a t piece is connected inline to the gauge?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next