www.gt4dc.co.uk
Maintain, Modify and DRIVE your GT-Four

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:59 am

Post subject: 5SGTE custom pistons.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:38 pm 
New Poster

Car Model: None
Hi all.

So basically I'm considering doing a 5sgte build however as I am based in the UK I'm struggling to find good pistons, there is a few in the USA however import tax, delivery etc makes that a little bit out of reach.

However I'm looking into custom pistons, currently I am in talks with omega (only early stages but still). However as with many custom inquiries they need a minimum of 20 pistons to be ordered, so basically I'll need at least 4 other people to come along and get some custom pistons with me. This will be great for other people in the UK/EU doing a custom 5sgte build as it will give us access to high quality pistons (omega are VERY high quality). Unfortunately I am not certain on a price however I would guess the more people come along the cheaper it will become.

There will be a discussion in terms of how we spec these pistons in terms of fitment compression ratios etc before an order is placed, both on this forum and a few others.

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:30 pm 
New Poster

Car Model: None
Unfortunately it looks like the order of omega custom pistons is not going to happen, however in case someone in the UK stumbles across this thread in the future in need of pistons for their 5sgte build, give mkautorepairsandtuning a call, very experienced and friendly and have created their own specification of custom JE pistons for 5sgte pistons.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:30 pm 
Club Staff

Car Model: ST185
mkautorepairsandtuning - That's Martin Kingston...top bloke and comes highly recommended.

2005 Jaguar X-type 3.0 Sovereign AWD Automatic
Blood Bikes - https://www.freewheelers.org.uk/