www.gt4dc.co.uk
Maintain, Modify and DRIVE your GT-Four

It is currently Sun May 26, 2024 7:13 am

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:34 pm 
WRC

Car Model: ST205
decided that as i had a day off work today that i would book the car into Corten Miller to get a new dyno graph and to see what healt the fuel pump was in after so many miles... 130,000miles....

and i was mighty suprised and impressed considering what 99% of people deem possible for a stock turbo and a stock ecu these where the results...

the first run i had the duty set so she should hit 1.2 bar at flat out however we hit a boost spike which tripped the fuel cut... still look at the graph..

so according to their chart it made 255.8bhp at the wheels which it came out at 325.8bhp however when i work out my brothers wheel to flywheel bhp and apply the same equasion to my car i work out at 339Fly bhp... eitherway, 325bhp is alright to me, more is superb!

Eitherway 90% of people would say 325.8bhp at the fly for a stock GTFour is pretty high!!!

then we went onto have the old Vs new dyno chart with torque, this is where the graph is interesting, the only modification difference is the FMIC but look at how it has brought the peak power down 600rpm over the charge cooler... i thought the fmic would make the peak power higher up the range!!

then the average power of the 6 runs was 320bhp so the highest average was as follows..

then the average wheel BHP was as follows at 250.4awhp..

what would you guys work 250 at the wheels to come out as at fly and what do you think of the fueling?

It looks ok to me but what do you guys think... the boost was 1.07 bar again to hit that 250wheel horsepower

anyhow, a good result in all i feel especially for the mods.. only mods are..

Custom FMIC using Forge core
Blitz Spec - s ebc
Aussie Dp
Custom Mid pipes
Blitz Nur Spec-R exhaust
TRD thermostat :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:40 pm 
WRC

strange the boost and fuel graph are missing the info.. the fuel was nigh on 11:1 all the way from 4500rpm with 1.07bar boost.. i shall upload the boost / afr chart again tomorrow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:11 pm 
WRC

Car Model: None
Hi,

i have the same A/F ration on my engine if it helps :)
my power on the wheels was 240HP but measured in summer and drive the car with ~1,1bar boost

greetz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:45 am 
Club Staff

Is it an import?

Power seems high to me for 1.1 bar. Perhaps there are unknown goodies lurking inside the engine?

Fueling seems good at 11:1 on a stock turbo and ECU.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:47 am 
WRC

yeah import car, import ecu and turbo or engine in this country has never been apart but as for in japan who knows!

run on tescos 99 fuel at 1.07bar for max bhp with 8degree ambient temperature.

yeah the highest wheel bhp was the 255.8whp @ 6k then she tripped which i was pretty suprised at for a stock turbo with so many miles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:18 am 
Group N

I thought 250 atw is average for the gen3 3sgte at 1,1 bar.

We had a Dynomeet in The Netherlands with 2 gt-four's.
Both hit around 250 atw and 280-285 at the fly.

Fly hp can vary from dyno to dyno as it is calculated. Wheel hp is measured, so much more accurat.

Still pretty good for a reasonably stock four. The 185's need much more parts to hit those kinds of power.

Is 11:1 the A/F for the 3rd gen at boost? I thought the ecu dumps fuel in there to stay at around 10:1?

ST185 CS #1845

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:55 am 
WRC

your cars over there must run more than ours then! haha, usually the st205's dont run 250whp without some sort of ecu, the stock one normally hits 230 - 240 but most seem to think an aftermarket ecu for any more.

i am going to change my fmic pipework and go back for more, the pipework was limiting me due to heat soak so a change is needed i feel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:06 am 
Club Staff

Your inlet temps compared to ambient temps look a little high so maybe heat soak or your air filter is sucking in hot engine bay air or their fan is not sufficient.

WHP does seem a bit high IMHO. It is however worth noting that 3rd gear pull will give less transmission loss than a 4th gear pull - the dyno was operated in "shoot out mode" which just adds a set percentage to the WHP figures (they are not calculated). So a 3rd gear run will give you a higher flywheel BHP.

There are a few tricks that the dyno operator can carry out to tweak the results to his liking (no cusomer wants bad figures!)

As a guide my St205 with Power Fc, TT S148 and 800cc injectors at 1.25-1.3 bar made 269 @ wheels on a dyno dynamics (4th gear pull) estimated at 340-350bhp depending on how you feel! My M3 made 265 @ wheels with 320bhp at fly (also a 4th gear pull as it hits the 155mph limiter in 5th or 6th).

Don't worry about the numbers just make sure it is repeated under the same conditions.

Grey St185 RC
Silver BMW E46 M3
Multicolour yawn Honda VFR400
Silver Honda Civic Type-R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:10 pm 
WRC

thought dyno dynamics were fairly accurate in their reaings? my brothers was mapped on a dyno dynamics albeit in 4th gear and that was on Dave Rowes dyno of choice.

yeah dyno was on similar time of year to that 5 years ago when i wen to the same dyno and made 234.9whp and 304.9Bhp flywheel.

Heat wise it has to be eiher the heat soak in the pipework (admittedly i do run over the manifold) or the intake as the dyno has run cars 3 times more powerful than mine before, our mate Deans R32 GTR skyline ran 850bhp on the same rolling road so fans are all good which means i need to change things as the core is superb which means my routing needs to change.

power wise in all fairness i do believe is in the higher numbers, maybe it is all down to how the car delivers the power but pound for pound acceleration i am not far behind my friends 401bhp Evo 8 in which if it was only 300 on the dot then i would be spanked as my brothers GTFour especially in 1st and 2nd gear makes my car look like it isnt moving and that is over 400bhp.

still dead happy with the result, same dyno, 1 mod, more power and going on the cars acceleration it isnt too shabby to say the least

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:06 pm 
WRC

Hi,

pinjo, possible this is why the AF electronic doesn't read above this, my one also stoped at 10:1, but on the dyno we found ~11:1

greetz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:40 pm 
WRC

just looked at the chart, 11:1 upto 5500 - 6000 then 10.5:1 6000rpm to 7250rpm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:38 pm 
Club Staff

Dyno dynamics are pretty accurate (and my personal favourite having spent a day mapping on one and it all explained to me).

The operator can still tweak the results though :-)

Grey St185 RC
Silver BMW E46 M3
Multicolour yawn Honda VFR400
Silver Honda Civic Type-R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:52 pm 
WRC

yeah for sure , buton feel and driving its very similar to that of alex jza -70 supra whic recorded 338bhp on millers dyno when mine ran 304bhp.

the main object of the day that i wanted was to see the health of the pump and at that much fuel it appears to be working well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:23 am 
Group N

WOW, must come there to map my cars! Ah Ah Ah :D

Here in Italy all the stock Gt-fours are around 235/240 fw hp on the dyno rollers;
with free flow exhaust and 1.2 bar, around 285 fw hp;
like above + Power Fc, stock injectors @ 90%dc around 315 fw hp...

http://www.youtube.com/WolfTm250
http://www.facebook.com/wolf.tm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:51 am 
WRC

should of seen that one coming from that angle, always does.

fair does is fair does mate, you have your opinion, i have mine and the fact that it does keep its own against 400bhp cars shows that you may well be wrong contrary to your own belief that you are always right.

one rule of thumb does not always equate tot he same outcome for every scenario and that my friend is a fact.

and when it comes to the dynos etc, i will quite happily take the opinion of someone like mr motec Dave Rowe over your own to be fair wolf, no offense there but hes slightly higher in the knowledge dept on rollers and mapping than yourself or myself i am afraid.

micky taking my man can be done by anyone and your comment there makes that all gtfours and dynos in the uk are lying and that all dynos in Italy are perfect, ok mate keep telling yourself that. ;)